[Seaside] [sagan] structure of metainformation

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Mar 17 12:38:39 CET 2003

On 17 Mar 2003, Cees de Groot wrote:

> Avi,
>
> We had a discussion quite a while ago on IRC re. the stuff I brewn on VW
> for DataValue/Attribute; we were both unhappy about how the Attribute
> hierarchy looked like, and discussed some ideas.
>
> I could grab the IRC logs (BBIWY: I log all chats ;-)), but I'd really
> like to know whether you have thought more about this and whether anyone
> else here can come up with input.
> http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/sea/70 has some thoughs on the issue.

Grabbing the IRC logs is probably the best start.  I haven't really gone
further down that path since we talked, but have been stuck using more
object/relational specific metadata (based on Apple's EOModel) for now.
Adrian did do some related work, I don't know how far he's gotten
with it.

Perhaps if you post those logs, that'll trigger some further thoughts...

Avi