[Seaside] VW Port

Roger Whitney whitney at cs.sdsu.edu
Thu Nov 6 07:58:32 CET 2003

David,
	Thanks for all the work. I was able to install this version without
any problems. The Base64 stuff does work. The EphemeronDictionary does
make it more stable. I still get random errors of the same type as
before, but fewer of them. Before it was not possible for the following
to run without the error occurring.

20 timesRepeat:
['http://localhost:8008/servlet/SeasideServlet/counter/' asURI
readStream]

With the current version I have been able to get up to 100 accesses
without the problem occurring. Of course sometimes the error occurs in
the first 10 accesses. I tried adding a delay (see below) to see if
slowing down the requests would change things. Still would get the
error occurring.

20 timesRepeat:
	['http://localhost:8008/servlet/SeasideServlet/counter/' asURI
readStream.
	( Delay forMilliseconds: 500) wait]

Of course once an application instance is created I can access it all I
want and not have a problem - or at least no problem in first 2000
accesses.

By the way in a crude test I am averaging 27 hits per second on an
instantiated Seaside application on a 400 MHz PowerBook.