[Seaside] Help understanding WATableReport

Lukas Renggli renggli at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Aug 26 19:00:37 CEST 2004

> Now, this may be YAGNI at play - nobody has yet bothered to write any
> view class other than WATableReport, so maybe we should assume that
> likely nobody ever will, and make the code the best it can be given
> that assumption.  But I wanted you to know what the original design
> intent was.

We are using table-reports quite often in our applications, however I
patched the WATableReport to let the column do the rendering of the
cells:

	WATableReport>>renderColumn: aColumn row: aRow on: html
		aColumn render: aRow report: self on: html

This approach allows us to have customized rendering within the table,
like having cells with check-boxes (WACheckboxColumn), drop-down lists
(WADropdownColumn) or row-specific command links. It is just ugly hack
- we know - but it makes WATableReport just more useful to us.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli