[Seaside] Re: sessions not released nor getting unregistered

Kamil Kukura kamk at volny.cz
Tue Jul 13 11:59:25 CEST 2004

> They'll get unregistered and released at the same time, which will be
> some time after they're expired - in fact, some number of new session
> creations later, since that's what triggers the scavenging.  We may want
> to have a background process that does that at set intervals instead.
>
> If you create a whole bunch of new sessions after expiring one, do you
> still not see anything on your transcript?

Hmm, I don't see any message from my session's #unregister method
writing to Transcript. Now I added #expire method, so I'll see if that
message will get to my session. However, checking number of instances of
my sessions, it now seems it's being kept on number 12-15 during
development.

Anyway, I was wondering why do I have lingering entry components after
WARegistry>>clearAllHandlers. I found out, for some reasons, they are
held by Halos weak dictionary. So I extracted creation of this
dictionary to WAHalo class>>initialize. Maybe this initialization could
go to #clearAllHandlers.

--
Kamil