[Seaside] Form component help --Newbie

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Jul 16 10:35:47 CEST 2004

On Jul 15, 2004, at 10:32 AM, s002 wrote:

> Oops!! forgot the Subject.
> In building a Seaside app, I'm assuming that, I should use Seaside
> components. Would someone give me an example of how to use the
> WAFormDialog
> component? Is there a tutorial out there, somewhere?

There isn't any tutorial for WAFormDialog - you'll have to look through
the examples, the best of which are probably those in the Store example
app (eg, WAStorePaymentEditor).  A couple of things that might help:
- press the hierarchy button when browsing WAFormDialog to get a
browser on all of its subclasses
- select the name of a subclass and press cmd-shift-N, which will bring
up a list of methods in which that class is used

There is however a general Seaside tutorial that discusses components.
If you haven't gone through it yet, you should.
http://beta4.com/seaside2/tutorial.html

If you have more specific questions we can help with, please ask.

Cheers,
Avi