[Seaside] How to run the new Seaside with halos

Martijn Emmelot me at applica.nl
Tue Mar 23 20:37:26 CET 2004

Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Mar 23, 2004, at 5:48 AM, Ian Prince wrote:
>
>>> Thank you Ian,
>>> I  already downloaded Seaside2.5-avi.63.mcz. My remaining questions
>>> are:
>>> Do I install this in a new Squeak image, do I need 3.7Alpha or a
>>> new  full 3.6?
>>

>> Avi's instructions suggest a 3.6 image:
>>
>>     http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3649
>>
>> I have blogged my experience with Seaside 2.5 and Smallblog here:
>>
>>     http://blogs.inextenso.com/seaside/blog/learning/@HeZcwBhzwUdSilUi/
>> FJYYWCad
>

> Seaside 2.5 in general should work fine with either 3.6 or 3.7a.  I
> think the recommendation to use 3.6 on that page had to do with bad
> interactions between SmallBlog and some versions of Chronology.
>
> Avi

I downloaded Squeak3.6-current-win-full.zip and Seaside2.5-avi.63.mcz.
After starting the image I updated the Squeak Map version and installed
KomHttpServer (rejected the other packages when asked to install).
MCInstaller is already in the image. Then I used a Filelist and loaded
Seaside2.5-avi.63.mcz, during this load I got three errors.

MessageNotUnderstood: WASessionConfiguration class >> userConfiguration
MessageNotUnderstood: WAGlobalConfiguration class >> userConfiguration
MessageNotUnderstood: Seaside2Info >> register

After "WAKom startOn: 9090" and pointing my browser to
http://localhost:9090/seaside/config/ the next message appears:
Internal Error
UndefinedObject>>at:ifAbsentPut:

Did I skip/forgot something....