[Seaside] VW cgi interface

danil osipchuk danil at tsnet.ru
Fri Mar 26 08:44:07 CET 2004

Hello  Avi  and all
Recently I ported ROE to Dolphin, it was not hard at all. There are few
"squeakizms" like {} in several places and mess of symbols and strings
in tests should be cleared (other dialects can't directly compare them).

If there is fan club of roe (as for seaside :)) I want to sign in. I
tried it and it seems that this is a very calming way to talk to
database. I'm going to use it in my current project.

However there are some issues. The main problem is that current way of
addressing rows in subselects fails on rows containing NULLS. Failure is
caused by special behaviour of sql nulls, in short "select null in
(null)" doesn't return true or false. Obvious workaround is to set
columns NOT NULL and set default values, but this may be considered as
too strong impact on existing databases.

I created RATestPostgresSemanticsWithNils as subclass of
RATestPostgresSemantics (see attachment). I also add deletion (i feel
seek when i can't delete something) using "update"  family as template,
but didn't created corresponding test yet. Also I found handy to have
possibility of adding not full rows (RAPostgresRelation>>addValues:
anArray forAttributesNamed: attributeNames). May be these features can
be implemented in a more smart way, but they necessary, I think.

If somebody wants to get Dolphin pacs I'll send them too.

Danil