[Seaside] vw port - AAADocumentation >> settingThingsUp....

Eric Winger ewinger at charter.net
Wed May 12 06:36:49 CEST 2004

.... is a tad out of date it appears to me. It refers to the url's like

http://localhost:8008/Seaside/servlet/SeasideServlet/counter

however, the default url that is created when loading the bundles is this:

http://localhost:8008/seaside/go/counter

 It was quite easy to find this class, to the author's credit, and the
note on starting the VisualWave server is good.

but i would rather see something like this following:

"After getting a server running by answering the questions in the bundle
the WACounter running in your browser at this address:
http://localhost:8008/Seaside/servlet/SeasideServlet/counter
You will no doubt want to start by creating your own simple site using
WACounter as an example.

To setup up the example WAMultiCounter do: [1. 2. 3.....]

To setup up your own presenter using WACounter as a guide do: [1. 2. 3....]"

I feel like its taken me too long to get over the first hurdle of seeing
stuff in my browser that i created. Just thoughts of course.

Of course, if I'm starting in the wrong place, please let me know.

thx,

Eric