[Seaside] Mewa & latest seaside

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu May 13 01:29:26 CEST 2004

On May 12, 2004, at 4:27 AM, Vadim Kolontsov wrote:

> I think it's a right direction, and hope that Mewa will evolve. Do you
> know any alternatives (mentioned by Avi)? I've found something about
> Sagan (although it's seems to be more CMS than framework), but
> download page is down.

The alternatives I was thinking of aren't all publicly available.  I
know Lukas Renggli has a Mewa-like system, but I don't think it's
downloadable.  Julian and Andrew have one specific to the application
they've been working on for the last year; it may get open sourced at
some point, but it's definitely not yet.  I've built similar systems,
but tied to relational database systems, for clients in the past.  And
finally, WALabelledFormDialog and related classes in the recent Seaside
releases take another approach to basically the same problem - rather
than specifying metadata for your domain, and then providing custom
views where needed, I've tried to make it so easy and declarative to
create dialogs that you can write custom views for everything with
roughly the same amount of effort.

Avi