[Seaside] Re: Oddities with WATableReport

Yar Hwee Boon hboon at motionobj.com
Sat Oct 16 20:45:20 CEST 2004

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:16:23 +0200, Avi Bryant <avi at beta4.com> wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2004, at 7:58 PM, Yar Hwee Boon wrote:
>
>> In WAPresenter>>renderWithContext:, the renderer is obtained using
>> WAHtmlRenderer>>context:callbacks: which returns a renderer with an
>> empty attributes collection. Thus, it seems that attributes cannot be
>> set for all WAComponent/WAPresenter subclasses. Does anyone have an
>> idea if this is how its supposed to be?
>
> That is how it's supposed to be, although I'm not sure if it's the best
> idea or not.  Currently, only a minimal RenderingContext is actually
> passed between components, and each creates its own instance of
> WAHtmlRenderer.  The idea here is that each component can define its own
> rendering mechanism - HtmlRenderer, the new Canvas stuff, some template
> system, and so on.  However, maybe this is unnecessary flexibility?

What Canvas stuff? I seem to remember having seen it mentioned somewhere,
is it documented (*gasp*) somewhere or is it already in the current
codebase?

Not sure if its overly flexible, it seems well hidden enough that it
doesn't complicate general use? But it did seemed intuitive to me (and I
supposed Sam) that attributes can be set this way. Not much of a problem
for me personally, but would it be a restriction, albeit minor, to pure
designers?

--
Regards
HweeBoon