[Seaside] isolate: not working properly

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Thu Sep 9 13:34:42 CEST 2004

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Avi Bryant wrote:

> Ok, thanks.  I can reproduce the problem, and I don't quite understand
> it yet.  It only seems to be an issue with first non-redirect request,
> in that if you put a no-op link on the page and click it first,
> everything works from then on, but putting extra redirects in doesn't
> solve anything.
>
> Incidentally, I'm not sure why you need a solution this complex.
> Instead of replacing Main and RenderLoop, just use a subclass of WATask
> as your root component, with this #go method:

If I use task, I can't use my own render loop. And the extra redirect in
my render loop isn't an attempt to fix this problem (in fact it's the
thing that causes it in the first place) - I have the extra redirect to
force full URL (with session key) before authentication kicks in, this
allows the same instance of session handle failed/repeated auth attempts
(if you just have the root URL, new session is created for every auth
request until it's successful).

And the other reason is that I haven't used tasks much yet :-)

rado