[Seaside] Seaside application hangs on file upload

Colin Curtin alpineguy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 13:12:25 CEST 2004

> Hm, looking at this further - that was a problem in Squeak 3.6, but as
> of 3.7 Kom seems to use the Network Rewrite which has its own
> SocketStream, and a more reasonable #upToAll:.  When you were getting
> hangs, which version of Squeak were you using?

That was using 3.6, but I'm glad to head that it's been fixed in 3.7!
Maybe I'll take another stab at my photo gallery application.

I concur that forking Kom could lead to a happier future -- that too
would need developer time to maintain. Supposing that you can only go
"so far" in developing a web server, and I certainly think that Kom
has a fine set of features, the only real time would be spent in
making things mesh a bit better with Seaside.

Colin