[Seaside] Some questions about Seaside architecture

Oleg Mürk oleg.myrk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 23:46:42 CET 2005

Hello, Avi!

On 12/13/05, Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com> wrote:
I would like to clarify my position:
* I agree that having blocking calls is a very useful construct.
* I admit that there are projects that would benefit from having back-button
support.
* But I also think that having back-button is a trade-off between usability
and development
   efficiency/correctness that should be considered for every project
separately.
* But we can have different opinions/experiences on this one, right? :D

Essentially, the question that I wanted to get answered was: can i take
event-based
hierarchical MVC UI framework and add blocking for events and back-button
support
to it without rebuilding all from scratch. Now, it is clear to me, that the
answer is YES.
Also, I realized that Java has enough features to make this possible,

I would like to thank You for explaining me design details of Seaside.
Your answers were very helpful.

Cheers,
OM