[Seaside] Graphing in Javascript

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 19:11:09 CET 2005

> You, like anybody else, are of course free to do whatever you want.
> But you also use AJAX. AJAX adds zero functionality but development
> effort. It doesn't work for IE users with moderate security (ActiveX
> off). You also have to implement the same thing twice. You even make
> checks if Scriptaculous is present and have different code paths!
> Where's the difference of this to a fallback to PieChartMorph?
> Especially with forms, quite a bit of additional code is required.

Please properly read the code before doing false statements: if AJAX
is enabled I render additional JavaScript attributes to enhance the
user-experience, else you just get a plain HTML element that works as
well ... actually the test could be even left out and it would work
either-way.

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch