[Seaside] RFC: Rendering WML

Brent Pinkney brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za
Thu Dec 29 18:56:30 CET 2005

Hi All,

I have an application which would really benefit from WAP/WML access.

To support this, certain basic classes like WAWmlRenderer would need to be implemented.

Before I venture down this path and burden my attempts on the Seaside community, I would appreciate any insights
others might have.

Specifically,

1.	is it feasible/useful to have a single WAComponent subclass render both HTML and WML ?
	i.e #renderContentOn:
		becomes
			#renderHtmlContentOn:
		and
			#renderWmlContentOn:

	My concern here is that a WML application may not always mimic the structure of a HTML app.
	However, it may do so in a singificant number of cases, making reuse of the #children, etc logic
	of a WAComponent fruitful.

2.	What preferences would others have for such functionality

3.	Any war-stories from other Seaside + WML efforts.

Thanks

Brent