[Seaside] [VW] Lost halo icons and missing styles

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 17:23:20 CET 2005

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:50:37 +0100, Martin J. Laubach <mjl at laubach.at> wrote:
>   I just stumbled over a small problem: it seems that sometimes,
> the icons from the "halo"-view are not displayed and the styles
> set are not used either.
>
>   When cutnpasting the URLs for the icons, I immediately get
> a "This session has expired, you are being redirected to...",
> which explains, why the browser can't display them.

Hm, that's odd.  Static resources (like images and stylesheets) are
given unique URLs separate from any session - they are, in fact,
registered at the same level as sessions are, as WADocumentHandler
instances, in the WAApplication registry.  If you're getting an expiry
message, that means that they've been removed from that registry - but
this should only happen if the #isActive method of the handler returns
false, and unlike for WASession which will return false after a
certain period of inactivity, WADocumentHandler>>isActive *always*
returns true (which means, incidentally, that you have a very slow
memory leak if you keep changing stylesheets, because all of the old
ones will still be accessible).

Hopefully that description will help you somewhat to track this down...

Avi