[Seaside] Re: Seaside/Squeak/Swazoo - how to get going

chris at workinglinux.com chris at workinglinux.com
Mon Feb 21 19:39:15 CET 2005

goran.krampe at bluefish.se writes:

> I read it. :)
>
> Yes, I repackaged KomHttpServer (with help of others) as clean
> Monticello packages to get away from old stuff Stephen had made that
> interfered with SM. But I can't say I find it *that* hard to install.
> The description on KomHttpServer says:
>
> "Prerequisite packages:
> KomServices (which in turn needs DynamicBindings and, if you are using a
> pre-3.7-image, Named Process) "
>
> So to get KomHttpServer installed in 3.7+ you just:
>
> 1. Install DynamicBindings.
> 2. Install KomServices.
> 3. Install KomHttpServer.
>
> That should work. Also note that there are other packages depending on
> KomServices so there is a clear point in keeping these three packages
> separate.

Ummm, I have a 3.6 image that I did a 'load all code updates' and
'upgrade all installed packages' before I tried to install.  I saw those
instructions in the SqueakMap, and followed them.

When I tried to evaluate all that whole start up script, I got a message
saying that Object didn't understand the initialize message.
ModuleAssembly does 'super initalize', which got passed all the way to
Object.

I commented out that 'super initialize', and got the same message from
ModCore.  At that point, I quit spending time on it - I figured I was
missing something obvious since I am a n00b to all this.

So I removed the Kom* classes and tried to install the 6.2 version -
this won't even install, all kinds of complaints asking if I want to
start a debugger.

I must be a total dork, because when I try to use SwazooSeaside, my web
browser reports 'page contains no data'.  Sheesh.

*Sigh*

--
The louder he spoke of his honour, the faster we counted our spoons.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson