[Seaside] smallblog config

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 11:57:31 CET 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 23:01:16 -0800, Todd Blanchard <tblanchard at mac.com> wrote:
> I got the latest smallblog off of squeaksource and it loads fine in the
> latest seaside.
>
> Now I'm trying to set it up.
>
> In the config app I create a new app and select SLConfiguration as the
> config ancestor (removing the WASessionConfiguration ancestor) and
> SLMain automatically gets set up as the main component.
>
> I'm not clear though - are there really two apps in this thing - one
> for the blog and one for the blog admin?

Yes.  As I remember, they should get set up for you.  One one "blog",
one on (I think) "blogadmin".
Colin and Ian are both running these things, so hopefully they can
tell you more.

> Regardless, when I do the above, then go to the blog app's page, I just
> see the string "Choose a blog:" and nothing else on the page.
>
> So now what am I missing?

Yeah, you have to go to the config app first and create a blog for
yourself.  The configuration UI is really awkward, but you can
probably puzzle through it.

Avi