[Seaside] Re: call for testimonials

Germán S. Arduino gsa at softhome.net
Sat Jan 15 13:42:15 CET 2005

Well, my first complete Seaside project is Promoter
(http://promoter.arsol.biz).

Promoter is a simple search engines adder actually in the last stages of
development. The main functions work all ok, but yet I must implement some
details.

My main goal developing Promoter was to make the essay of develop a user
application to commercialize by the shareware system (or similar) making all
the steps to bring a Squeak app to the final users. That means, a worthily
method to upgrade de software by internet, a easy way (for registered users)
to upgrade the search engines supported, an automated (for the developer, of
course) method to shrink the image, a proof of concept of use a desktop app
with a browser ui (I've noticed a few days ago that Google also use this
sort of app in http://desktop.google.com/ ) and, in sum, all the details
inherents to sell a sort of packaged app to final users in Squeak.

By the nature of Squeak,  the purchaser will have the source code, then I
will be calm with my working morale, but at the same time I will try to earn
some money, because I need to pay the bills (If I sell an acceptable amount,
I plan to make some donations to Seaside authors and the anothers authors of
packages I use that are requesting donations).

Finally, I must yet to define a lot of details, by example the scope of
shareware version (may be not the last version, and not upgrades) and others
things.

It's all for now, don't doubt in ask me for any question.

Cheers.
gsa.

news:crmh0q$4ho$1 at sea.gmane.org...