[Seaside] Omnibase UNIX availability

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Tue May 17 13:16:55 CEST 2005

On 5/17/05, Dmitry Dorofeev <dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com> wrote:

> Ok, trying to test the version you supplied on FreeBSD Squeak 3.7
>
> In Date class i need to make changes to read as follows:
>
> odbBasicSerialize: serializer
>         serializer stream putByte: 32; putInteger: (Time totalSeconds - 2415386)
>
> overwise OmniBaseTester testAll
> produce errors.
>
> Have i missed something ?

It doesn't surprise me that the Date serialization needs to be
modified - the internal format of the Date class changed in 3.7.  But
that seems a very odd implementation, since it ignores the date itself
and always writes out the current time.

The implementation I have in my production image, which I think is
correct for Squeak >= 3.7, is this:

odbBasicSerialize: serializer
	serializer stream putByte: 32; putInteger: self asJulianDayNumber - 2415386

Avi