[Seaside] Localization

Brent Pinkney brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za
Wed May 25 09:34:30 CEST 2005

Hi Avi,

> Certainly, there's a need for good localization support for Seaside.
> It's been on my todo list for quite a while... :/

I have achieved quite good localisation in Seaside to support per-session
translation.

Basically, I followed the resumable exception strategy used by
WACurrentSession: I introduced a CurrentTranslator exception which is
signalled in String>>#translated.

If uncaught this excpetion's #defaultAction is to return
"NaturalLanguageTranslator current" as in the stock 3.8 image. This makes
it fully compatible.

I have then modified a few methods in Seaside to catch this exception and
resume with the WASession's preferred translator. Determining the current
translator is application specific.

Let me know if you are interested in details - it should probably be
generalised to catch the current preferred Locale - the
NaturalLanguageTranslator is a function of a Locale.

Regards

Brent