[Seaside] Problem showing a JPEG to the world

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Thu May 26 20:03:22 CEST 2005

seaside at fbeausoleil.ftml.net wrote:
> I found that method.  Am I supposed to just change it ?  I'm coming from
> the Java world, and am uncomfortable doing just that.
>
> On the other hand, if you suggest I should copy the implementation to do
> what I want, into my own component, I thought Smalltalk was the test-bed
> of code reuse ?
>
> Sorry for not understanding as quickly as you might think I should have.

Sorry, I don't have a good answer! :-) It's not clear to me either.
Personally, I'd refactor the conversion to an image-file to allow for
some way of specifying the file format, and then maybe send the patch to
this list for inclusion in a mainstream MC repository.

Tony
--
  [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
    [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
  []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net