[Seaside] apache + seaside

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Fri Nov 25 07:06:24 CET 2005

Ross Boylan wrote:

>[snip]
>What am I missing?
>
>Thanks.
>
>P.S. The poor combination of ssl and named virtual hosts is one reason
>I'm experimenting with non-standard ports.  Yes, I set it to listen on
>the ports.

I don't think that the rewrite engine does anything more that rewrite
URL's coming in to the apache server.  That isn't what you need.  The
problem is that seaside is serving your content using the /seaside in
the path elements of the URL it generates for the form action.  This article

http://www.apacheweek.com/features/reverseproxies

will probably help you.

As an alternative I think you can also modify your seaside server so
that it uses a different path (for anchors, redirects and form actions)
which might save you a little work.  My recollection is that this needs
to be dealt with by sending WADispatcher default basePath: to let it
know about its new base path and also telling Kom to serve from this new
path (see WAKom class>>createService to see how the original service was
registered).

David