[Seaside] persistence for lazy people

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 01:08:39 CET 2005

On Nov 27, 2005, at 2:09 PM, Cees De Groot wrote:

> On 11/27/05, Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> One dead-simple way to
>> handle this that seems like it should work in theory, but still
>> scares me a bit in practice, is to fully log all of HTTP requests
>> that come in.
>>

> Why would it scare you? I recall an old web system (written by someone
> in Austria, that's all I remember) that did just did and I loved the
> idea...

I admit it's largely irrational :)  I just have visions of forgetting
about some external factor (clock, randomness, some external db) and
having the requests get totally out of sync with the responses and
start randomly clicking on the wrong links, etc... but actually the
number of things that can go wrong that way is pretty small and easy
to control.

> However - personally I think it's more work than it's worth. I mean,
> the work I had to do to add Magma to an image was negligible over the
> life of a project and OmniBase wouldn't be that much more...

Well, it's nice to have options... one thing I'll say about images as
a persistence mechanism is that they're a dream to debug.

Avi