[Seaside] Bicephale bug (or feature?)

Dmitry Dorofeev dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com
Mon Oct 10 13:31:02 UTC 2005

Hi all !

just quick note for those who follow Bicephale.

Let's say we have a tree of pages, represented by Objects named Page.
Viewer for a Page renders a navigation bar, so every page is available from every page.
Root page is available via /seaside/page
News page via /seaside/page/news
About page via /seaside/page/about

I was using
html anchor: newsPage named: 'news' text: 'News'.
html anchor: aboutPage named: 'about' text: 'About'.

to generate links. So it is fine from the root page and works as expected.
but if you click on news, you see that links pointing to news and about looks like
/seaside/page/news/news
and
/seaside/page/news/about

Clicking on links works fine, but adds more and more path segments to URL.
I am not sure if it is designed behaviour or just a bug.

Trying to avoid it i mimic the method with:

html dispatchTable registerObject: newsPage named: 'news'.
html anchorWithUrl: (html currentComponent application basePath , '/', 'news') do: 'News'.

which works for me.

I also happen to reregister my Bicephale application to view results of my changes with

PageApp registerAs: 'page' for: PageApp rootPage.

Hope that helps somebody.

-Dmitry.