[Seaside] Re: Seaside & Ruby Rails Compared

Michal michal-list at auf.net
Fri Sep 9 19:24:51 CEST 2005

> I haven't played with HttpView2, but I believe some on the list
> mentioned mixing HV and Seaside in the same "app."

If you mean 'seaside app', then I don't think you can do that at all.
You need something like my (very experimental) bicephale framework to
combine a classical (almost) stateless webapp w/ state-rich seaside
actions inside a single seaside app.

>> If you were building a "todo list" in Seaside, I would wonder why. I
>> mean, its sort of like driving a Ferrari to the corner store.

Once you're accustomed to the Ferrari, it can be hard to come back...
Besides, there is much more to seaside than holding complex state
transparently: pleasant html generation, component-approach to a page,
automatic and transparent url management, ...

Michal