[Seaside] callback wierdness

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Thu Aug 10 14:30:21 UTC 2006

Keith Hodges wrote:
> Richard Huxton wrote:
>> Keith Hodges wrote:
>>> For some reason, I start here with the WACOnfigurationEditor
>>> rendering where html  is WARenderCanvas.
>>>
>>> html anchor callback: [ self call: (WAMagmaStatus new setLocation:
>>> location) ]; text: '(magma control panel)'.
>>>
>>> and when I arrive in the code that I previously posted html is
>>> WAHtmlRenderer, i.e. the api has switched on me.
>>>
>>> any ideas what is going wrong?
>>
>> Is there a #rendererClass method overriding it?
>>

> BasicAuthentication renderClass (inherited from WAPresenter) appears to
> be set to WAHtmlRenderer.
>
> does this mean that I shouldnt be using call: at all within the canvas api?

Can't see why. I'm not sure I understand what the problem is.

In your inital email you said something was being displayed before you
had clicked on a link. What is being displayed, and what link? From your
initial email I couldn't see what "the result of the anchor's callback
handler" meant.

Oh, you might find it useful to add a "self debug" near the code you
think shouldn't be executed?
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd