[Seaside] Content Management System in Seaside

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 22:07:39 UTC 2006

> Out of curiosity, have you considered using Pier as the CMS itself?
> If you are "allowed" to do that and it would work you might be able to
> convince the Pier folks (Lukas Renggli and co.) to allow you to commit
> to the repository.  That would save you some time and perhaps expense
> -- which may translate into more profit. :)  IIRC, Pier has several
> strategies for persistence/backups.

Yes, the requirements you list are exactly what Pier does. Pier is MIT
licensed, so you can basically do whatever you like, read the whole
license to see the details.

> -pages consist of meta data, title, html-tagged content

- The default is a wiki syntax, but you can easily remove that and
just put plain HTML. Title and metadata are supported.

> -no more than 250 pages will be stored

- Pier can handle much more.

> -pages must be searchable (search does not need to be lightning-fast)

- There are visitors that walk over the pages.

> -pages will be organized into a hierarchical structure of categories
> and subcategories (no more than 3 levels deep).

- Nesting is possible.

> -will be hosted on a VPS, so I can install whatever is necessary.

- Free Seasidehosting will be online soon ;-)

> -traffic amounts to a few hundred page views per day.

- Seaside applications can handle much more.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli