[Seaside] Content Management System in Seaside

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 21:27:25 UTC 2006

That depends... Are you really interested in storing the pages, or
just the constructs of each page and where in the heirarchy it exists?

Out of curiosity, have you considered using Pier as the CMS itself?
If you are "allowed" to do that and it would work you might be able to
convince the Pier folks (Lukas Renggli and co.) to allow you to commit
to the repository.  That would save you some time and perhaps expense
-- which may translate into more profit. :)  IIRC, Pier has several
strategies for persistence/backups.

On 2/9/06, Chad Nantais <cnantais at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been asked to build a small CMS for a client and would like to
> develop it in the Seaside framework.
>
> My question is: what's the best option for storing the pages in the
> content management system (files, RDBMS, object db, etc)?
>
> Here are some of the requirements/constraints:
> -pages consist of meta data, title, html-tagged content
> -no more than 250 pages will be stored
> -pages must be searchable (search does not need to be lightning-fast)
> -pages will be organized into a hierarchical structure of categories
> and subcategories (no more than 3 levels deep).
> -will be hosted on a VPS, so I can install whatever is necessary.
> -traffic amounts to a few hundred page views per day.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chad

Jason Rogers

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..."
    Proverbs 29:18