2.6a3 (was Re: [Seaside] MessageNotUnderstood: WAAnchorTag>>context)

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 01:10:30 CET 2006

On Dec 29, 2005, at 1:03 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> On 12/29/05, Avi Bryant <avi.bryant at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12/28/05, Ben Matasar <matasar at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I also have this problem, but with SUExample.
>>>
>>> WACounter works fine, which I assume is because it doesn't use
>>> the Canvas.
>>
>> There was some work I started to get WAAnchorTag using real WAUrl
>> instances instead of strings as URLs, but it never got finished (IIRC
>> I was waiting for Lukas to finish it off for me :).  FWIW, the
>> version
>> I'm currently using (which definitely works) is Seaside2.6a2-ac.76.
>
> I tried to finish (Seaside2.6a2-lr.74), however supporting string URLs
> (String) and object URLs (WAUrl) is not that easy because it requires
> some conversion between the two. Especially parsing a string is
> difficult and requires a lot of ugly logic, as you can see in
> WAUrl>>fromString: in Seaside2.6a2-lr.74. I vote to only support URLs
> as objects, but that would break existing code and probably would be
> less efficient.

There were several versions with useful changes that were derived
from this branch, but which couldn't be merged into the mainline
without resolving the WAUrl issues.  I've gone back and cherry picked
these changes and started a clean branch that has them but none of
the WAAnchorTag changes that were causing problems.  I've named it
Seaside2.6a3.  I suggest that people committing new versions use that
as the base.  (It also includes the streamed response hack from
earlier today, because I don't think that has any ill effects if you
use WAKom).

Avi