[Seaside] Rails and Seaside

Diego Fernandez diegof79 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 04:22:18 CET 2006

Just to add my two cents to the discussion.
I think that the Squeak "look" is only a minor problem, the main problem is
stability and usability.

The environment has lot of "small" annoying bugs, and if you have a "image
crash" there is not an easy way to recover the last changes like in ENVY.

As a developer, this gives me this feeling: the environment looks "unstable"
so I don't trust in it to put in a production web site.
On the other side VW is very expensive for small web sites (at least here in
Argentina where I live).

So to make Seaside more popular, I think that a lot of work has to be done
"clean-up" Squeak (that is full of spaghetti code).

PD: sorry if my post sounds rude, my English is not good.