[Seaside][VW] Porting 2.6a2 - WAHtmlAttributes

Marco Qualizza mlq at codedaemon.com
Sat Jan 21 16:14:45 CET 2006

Hello,

   I know it's been a week since you posted this, so your issue might be resolved...  But I think that the example you gave is faulty...

   id := (html attributes at: 'id' ifAbsent: [ 'id' -> 'default-id' ]) value

   is, at least according to the Dictionary API, exactly what you'd expect...  (#at:ifAbsent: evaluates the block and returns the result...)

   Things would be wonky (wrt Dictionary API) if:
   a> html attributes at: 'id' ifAbsent: [ 'id' -> 'default-id' ]
     in any way modified the attributes (the block doesn't modify the attributes)
   b> html attributes at: 'id' ifAbsentPut: [ 'default-id' ]
        returned an association.

> Hi Avi,

> I find the api of WAHtmlAttributes a bit strange.
> #at: answers the value while #at:ifAbsent: and #at:ifAbsentPut: answer
> an association

> This imposes strange, difficult-to-read and error prone (imho)
> constructs like:

>         id := (html attributes at: 'id' ifAbsent: ['id' ->
> 'default-id']) value.

> One would rather expect a behavior similar to Dictionary.

> Any chance to see this corrected ?

> Michel.

Marco Qualizza - (613) 895-2078
"Elegance is not optional." (Richard O'Keefe)