[Seaside] Automatic Object Storage To MySQL

William Harford seaside at harford.org
Wed Jan 25 23:38:11 CET 2006

On 25-Jan-06, at 5:16 PM, Dane Jensen wrote:

> This sounds a lot like Og (www.nitrohq.com) for Ruby. You describe
> the instance variables of your objects and their relations, and Og
> generates the tables and does all the ORM magic behind the scenes.

I have not looked at Og but IOSPersistent does not ask the programmer
to describe anything other declaring the class. I am lazy and like to
do as little work as I can get away with:-).

> I'm very much interested in this sort of thing and would love to
> lend a hand. It seems to fill the empty space for a lightweight ORM.

Please by all means. I think I configured the project on SqueakSource
to allow anyone to upload. Have a look at the code (don't run
screaming) and make any changes, additions, or ideas you would like.
What ever strikes your fancy.