[Seaside] Ajax live updates

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 06:03:39 UTC 2006

> Now I understand your problem, thanks for the example. The simples and
> safest workaround (without messing with the internals of Seaside) is
> probably to do the AJAX request within a different session.

Or create a custom subclass of WASession and override the method
#incomingRequest: with something like:

incomingRequest: aRequest
	^ aRequest isXMLHttpRequest
		ifTrue: [ self responseForRequest: aRequest ]
		ifFalse: [ super incomingRequest: aRequest ]

If this is an AJAX call the request is directly processed, else the
request is scheduled trough the monitor of the default implementation.
Though, this is dangerous and has the potential to break your system:
any request can be made to answer true to #isXMLHttpRequest.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch