[Seaside] Disable styles in WAWalkback?

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 22:06:22 UTC 2006

On Jun 20, 2006, at 2:45 PM, Rick Flower wrote:

> Boris Popov wrote:
>> Currently whenever a walkback occurs, the WAWalkback seems to
>> inherit the
>> styles from the application that caused it. How would I go about
>> un-styling
>> it as it looks very odd with our table styles applied to it :)
>>

> This also occurs in other areas such as viewing source (via halos)
> if I recall..  I can do that for one page
> I've got that has centered text and all source will be centered as
> well..  If there's a way to disable this, I'd
> love to know how.  It's more an annoyance than anything else, but I
> think it would be nice if there was
> a way to override this behavior..

FWIW, we tend to have all CSS qualified by some class that's on a div
that wraps around the entire page.  So:

and then, instead of

table {color: red}

you have

.global table {color: red}

That way if you have something like the walkback page that isn't
inside the normal global div, none of the styles apply.
It's also easy to do themes: just switch that div to global2 and you
can have a whole different set of CSS come into effect.

Avi