[Seaside] Re: static image files

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Thu Mar 2 04:39:21 UTC 2006

David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 12:02:51AM +0000, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
[snip]
>>> Yes, network I/O is non-blocking (the Squeak UNIX VM has a polling-based
>>> custom asynchronous I/O model).
>> Bueno.
>
> This actually works equally well for file I/O, since the aio functions
> in the Unix VM work for any socket or file descriptor. AioPlugin on
> Squeak Map will show you how it works. There is also an AsyncFile
> class in Squeak that presumably does similar things.

Great!

I'm currently working on learning how to compile Squeak on my computer.
I want OSProcess. I desperately want to be able to quit using Python for
some of the scripting I'm doing. But I got to be able to call
cdparanoia, lame, etc.

My problem so far has been learning how to compile 32bit Squeak on my
64bit Ubuntu.

I'll probably cheat on do a 32bit install on a machine for such times.

I'll definitely look into the AioPlugin and the AsyncFile.

Thanks for the info.

Jimmie