[Seaside] Re: [ANN] Seaside Tutorial

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Wed Mar 8 20:57:08 UTC 2006

Wilkes Joiner wrote:
> I was going to release a Smalltalk On Sails (SoS) video on April 1st,
> as an April Fool's joke.  However the code and tools seem to be pretty
> useful and may merit being released with a different name of course.
> If I keep moving forward on this, I may scrap the joke and release
> something real.
>
> I basically subclassed Cee's Refractoring Browser and use it to
> generate all the CRUD stuff that the Rails scripts do.  It uses the
> OmniBaseSupport package for persistence.

ROTFL. I don't know whether such a spoof video is
a good or bad thing, but if we had a real "marketing"
video and code, then I think it wouldn't matter.

Definitely release something, the sooner the better.
I'm trying to distill some frameworks I have into something
releasable too. If everyone works on one approach, we'll
all get there sooner. We need a catalyst like "SoS"
for us to reach critical mass. (I came across the catalyst
effect that RoR has for Ruby, while following some blog links).