[Seaside] mutual exclusion: WAProcessMonitor critical:ifError

Michel Bany michel.bany at gmail.com
Fri May 19 07:06:29 UTC 2006

On 19 May 2006, at 08:21 , Luc Damas wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Sometimes, seaside does not respond. The process monitor (VW)
> contains :
>
> WAProcessMonitor critical:ifError
>
> What is this?

This happens sometimes as the result of using the debugger for
writing code.
I must confess that I do not know either how to reproduce at will nor
how to fix it.

> How can I pass through?

I use this dirty trick to circumvent this issue : in the process
monitor, select the process
that is blocked, and debug it. In the debugger, send #signal to the
"mutex" instance variable
of the WAProcessMonitor object, then resume the process using the
"Run" button.

This should be enough in most cases.

Bon courage,
Michel.