[Seaside] Will Continuations continue?

Dmitry Dorofeev dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com
Fri May 19 15:26:53 UTC 2006

SUN already fuzzed about Smart Java Client which
will maintain state and windows locally 10 years ago.

They even started to make a Java driven computer for that.

So dreams are not always come to reality :-)
While reality (i.e. seaside) always generate dreams in those who missed the point :-)

-Dmitry.

Darius Clarke wrote:
> Gilad Bracha's Sun Weblog
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/gbracha?entry=will_continuations_continue
>
> He answers why he thinks JVM shouldn't support continuations.
>
> He mentions Seaside favorably as the best implementation he's seen too. :-)
>
> He tries to clearly state the argument for continuations, and then
> makes the point that they are a temporary solution on the way to
> downloadable Ajax Java script apps which maintain state & windows
> locally. (Though I'd consider Croquet better for this. ;-) )
>
> Cheers,
> Darius

С уважением,
  Дмитрий Дорофеев,