[Seaside] liveCallback and SUAutocompleter

Michel Bany michel.bany at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 09:39:42 UTC 2006

On 20 Nov 2006, at 16:49 , Burella Juan M. wrote:

> Hi Michel
>        I've tested it in Seaside2.7a1-dc.128/SeasideAsync-mb.54 but
> doesn't work fine, the problem persist. What enhacements should I
> look for in order to fix it?
> thanks for your answer

Looks like a problem in Seaside and/or Scriptaculous.

The SeasideAsync javascripts use the XML parser supplied by the
XMLHttpRequest object. Therefore the response from the live
callback must be well-formed XML, otherwise, it cannot be parsed
(at least in some browsers).

When the response from the live callback includes some Scriptaculous
stuff, then it is not well-formed, because it contains some ampersands.
Since Seaside generates the script tags with #html: rather than #text:
there is no encoding of ampersands into entities. This is not well-
formed
XML and cannot be parsed, at least by the Firefox XML parser.

I do not know what should be fixed, Seaside or Scriptaculous.

Lukas, any idea ?

Meanwhile, you can try the following fix to SUAjax :

parameters
	^ (self options at: 'parameters' ifAbsentPut:
			[ SUJoin join: OrderedCollection new with: '&' ]) collection

HTH,
Michel.