[Seaside] [ANN] Seaside 2.6b1.99,
Scriptaculous 2.6b1.144 and Comet 2.6b1.12 ready for VW
mbany at cincom.com
Thu Oct 12 10:07:02 UTC 2006
I just published Seaside 2.6b1.99 to the Cincom public store repository.
The main purpose of this version is to support Comet using a new
At the same time I published SeasideScriptaculous 2.6b1.144 and
SeasideComet 2.6b1.12. SeasideComet requires the new streaming
servlet, see http://localhost:8008/seaside/go/tools/servletadmin
for a UI that lets you swap servlets.
The main changes since 2.6b1.84 are listed below.
- Response streaming via a separate servlet class.
(Streaming servlet is required for Comet)
- New tool : servlet admin to chose regular or streaming servlet.
- Platform support for Comet
- Squeak extensions for SeaChart
- Resizable Seaside port tool
- Port strategies for Comet and SeaChart
- #fixTemps renamed as #fixCallbackTemps
- Allow image buttons to have keyboard shortcuts
- Change from #fixTemps to #fixCallbackTemps
(Needed for Scriptaculous-lr.139)
- Removed #tooltip:
(may break existing code, complaints to: avi.bryant at gmail.com)
- More semantically rich phrase elements that are still part of strict:
<dfn> <samp> <kbd> <var> <cite> <q>
- Examples/tests for the above
- Examples in comments of acronym vs. abbreviated
- Lint fixes
- Sample for sampleOutput
- Sample for address
- Cleaned up WADocument hierarchy
- Improved the halo source style
- Fixed multiple equivalent cookies being added to the response
(Thanks to Boris Popov)
- Fixed and pushed up #exampleText:
- Added a corresponding test
- Removed duplicate #onKeyPress:
- Pushed up #onEnter: and #disableEnter
More information about the Seaside