[Seaside] #children problems

Joseph Blatter josephblatter62 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 15:43:16 UTC 2006

Can I configure callbacks in a subcomponent of a page
(component) without sending #children?

My problem is that I have a page with too many
subcomponents (controls like ListBox's, TextField's,
etc) and I've seen in order to set a callback I must
implement #children in the page (component) answering
these controls already created. I don't see another
solution to this problem other than adding all the
controls as instance variables which is a solution not
elegant/convenient/feasible for me.

Another issue with this is in the #renderContentOn:
I'm creating a component with a custom style but when
I've tried to set a property like

aTextField := MyWAComponent new.
aTextField width: 30. "#width: creates the CSS code"

nothing happens.
Any tips or ideas?