[Seaside] Text in Header

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 18 22:20:39 UTC 2006

Brad Fuller wrote:
> showed up in my email. Don't know if the server is down.)
>
> Is there a way to easily change the text in the header of Pier to
> something different than the object created? When editing the
> environment/header I just receive the option to change the component
> type and it's name. Obviously, the concept is lost on me.
>
> brad

Dear Brad,

the text that appears in the header of Pier is the name of the kernel
that you are currently serving. Therefore the easiest way to change the
text is to change the name of the kernel.

If you are by any chance using my latest versions from the pier
repository then I have provided a Control Panel in which you can rename
kernels from the seaside ui.

The control panel appears as a link 'pier' in the dispatcher
configuration editor /seaside/config i.e. 'pier   configure remove pier'

If you are not using my latest versions, and you are not using
PRMagmaPersistency then the code to rename a kernel is:

(PRKernel instanceNamed: 'oldname') name: 'newName'

best regards

Keith