[Seaside] Anyone using Seaside & Paypal?

Rick Flower rickf at ca-flower.com
Tue Oct 24 06:13:03 UTC 2006

Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> Just curious as I get further in writing my web-app in Seaside, whether
>> or not anyone else here has implemented a paypal package that works in
>> conjunction w/ Seaside & VW?  I could take a stab at implementing one,
>> but thought I'd ask first.. Thanks for any info you've got..
>
> The ESUG registration application is using PayPal. I just generate a
> redirect with some dynamic parts. You can plug this into an
> anchor/button callback:
>
> self session redirectTo: (WAUrl new
>     scheme: #https;
>     hostname: 'www.paypal.com';
>     port: 443;
>     addToPath: 'cgi-bin';
>     addToPath: 'webscr';
>     addParameter: 'cmd' value: '_xclick';
>     addParameter: 'business' value: 'esug-info at esug.org';
>     addParameter: 'item_name' value: 'Registration to ESUG 2005 Event';
>     addParameter: 'item_number' value: 'ESUG2005Registration';
>     addParameter: 'amount' value: self attendee totalFees asString;
>     addParameter: 'no_shipping' value: '1';
>     addParameter: 'no_note' value: '1';
>     addParameter: 'currency_code' value: 'EUR';
>     addParameter: 'charset' value: 'UTF-8';
>     asString).

Thanks Lukas --

Do you then get some sort of email back to the registered address (e.g.
esug-info at esug.org in the above code) that indicates a payment was made?
If that's the case, I guess an order-id could be placed somewhere in the
info above that could be used to figure out the order when multiple
orders come in for different people at about the same time.

-- Rick