[Seaside] [VW7.4.1] The page cannot be displayed

Carl Gundel carlg at libertybasic.com
Mon Oct 30 13:59:04 UTC 2006

> > Hi Michel.  Doesn't solve the problem here.  If this were happening
> > on a
> > less popular browser it might not matter much.
> >
> > Are you running just the VW web server, or do you also have Apache or
> > something else in front of it?
>
> Carl, I'm not running anything, I'm only doing the VW port.
> However I have had customers with the same problem and they
> could fix it with the trick. As I said, I have no explanation.
> I would suggest that you use an HTTP sniffer like HTTPLook
> that would help you spot what makes the page undisplayable
> by IE. Let me know about your findings, I'm interested.

Thanks.  I'll let you know if I discover anything of course.  Probably I
should post about this problem on the VW list in case it is a known issue
with their web server.  Perhaps I will try running the server from behind
Apache to see if that makes a difference.

This happens reliably on IE6.  I don't see this problem at all when using
Safari on my Mac or Mozilla on my Linux box, but of course I still need to
fix this.

-Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
http://www.libertybasic.com