[Seaside] Magma on seasidehosting

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 16:50:23 UTC 2006

> System error log says (Which may be a problem!):
> acceptHandler: Too many open files
> acceptHandler: aborting server 7 pss=0x80f3d20
> socketStatus: freeing invalidated pss=0x80f3d20
> acceptHandler: Too many open files
> acceptHandler: aborting server 7 pss=0x80f3d58
> socketStatus: freeing invalidated pss=0x80f3d58
> acceptHandler: Too many open files
> acceptHandler: aborting server 7 pss=0x80f33b8
> socketStatus: freeing invalidated pss=0x80f33b8
> acceptHandler: Too many open files
> acceptHandler: aborting server 7 pss=0x80f33f0
> socketStatus: freeing invalidated pss=0x80f33f0
> acceptHandler: Too many open files
> acceptHandler: aborting server 7 pss=0x80f3428
> socketStatus: freeing invalidated pss=0x80f3428

This looks like you are opening too many files.

We have to restrict the amount of open files, to avoid that an account
eats up all the resources. I just raised the maximum number of open
files/sockets from 20 to 64, powers to two are cool and this seems to
me a more reasonable number. If you restart your VM you should get the
new quota. Tell me if this helps.

Cheers,
Lukas

--