[Seaside] [ANN] SeasideTesting release 1.4 available on SqueakMap
cdshaffer at acm.org
Sun Sep 24 16:14:56 UTC 2006
Release 1.4 has better support for more recent versions of Seaside
(tested against Seaside2.6b1-mb.84) and Squeak (first release for
Squeak3.9). This version is a derivative of Release 1.3 which had a few
significant API changes from the more popular 1.2.
- HTML elements significantly refactored
- Some selector renaming was needed (or convenient).
Generally any selector which contained elements now uses entities
Same for element -> entity
Selector #id renamed to #cssId
- Entities returned from various methods now support queries for
sub-entities. So, for example, you can get back a DIV using
#entityWithId: and then query that DIV for its inputs. Older releases
required you to get the "form" before you could query for inputs etc.
- Support for "default form action" (use #submitForm: instead of
submitForm:pressingButton: or just specify nil for button)
- When a component answers it is not automatically redisplayed (an
intervening dialog is displayed). This is to avoid infinite loops with
tasks that don't actually display anything.
- Tests case entry points are now created in a sub-dispatcher
("folder"). You will want to periodically clear at this folder with:
(WADispatcher default entryPoints at: 'activeTests') entryPoints copy
keysAndValuesDo: [:key :value |
(WADispatcher default entryPoints at: 'activeTests')
I haven't yet thought of a way to automate this.
- A web test runner front end is included. Add an entry point with
SCTestCaseMain as the root. It provides a list of test cases organized
by class category. It also accepts a URL parameter named filter whose
value is a wild card used to match class categories. So, for example,
on my server /seaside/testRunner?filter=*SeasideTesting* shows all tests
in categories matching *SeasideTesing*.
This release is a derivative of one that I am using in a production
system and it has proven very robust for me. Feedback is always welcomed!
More information about the Seaside