[Seaside] Uploading large files

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 05:17:20 UTC 2007

2007/8/15, Martin Kobetic <mkobetic at cincom.com>:
> Philippe Marschall wrote:
> > Kinda depends. We have one major open bug which prevents us from
> > freezing the code and going beta. Besides that there is one big change
> > pending which might or might not make it into 2.8. But nothing is set
> > in stone so far.
>
> Hm, I understand the "not in stone" part, but is there any expected timeline on 2.8 ?

We don't like to present timelines because it generally doesn't work
out as we plan. The original plan informally had ESUG 2007 as a
release date which turned into ESUG 2007 as beta. Now it looks as if
the whole redirection stuff will not be fixed before ESUG. You'd have
to ask Lukas how long he thinks I takes him to fix it. If we integrate
the url refactoring that would take some additional time and has the
potential to introduce some destabilization. Personally I'm for
dropping stuff from the 2.8 todo list and postponing it to 2.9 but
that's not a decision I can make alone.

> I have one more topic that I'd still like to discuss, Seaside's "streaming hooks". We're working on getting that set up with 2.7 and are running into some fairly significant obstacles with the whole WAStreamingResponse setup. I have yet to review the 2.8 version to see if anything has changed there, so I didn't want to start before wrapping my head around that. Sounds like I better get to it sooner than later.

Response streaming tends to work really bad together with
continutations (WATask, "clever" decorations like
WABasicAuthentication ....). Honestly I don't know how much action
WAStreamingResponse has seen.

Cheers
Philippe