[Seaside] Dynamic Combobox

Andres Fortier andres at lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar
Sun Aug 19 23:36:43 UTC 2007

Hi list,
	I started to play around with Seaside yesterday to create a small site
and I must say I'm amazed by the framework; so the first thing I have to
say is congratulations for the excellent work you've done and thanks for
putting it available to the comunity.

Now, regarding the site I must build, so far I've managed to create it,
build some forms, define tasks and so forth. Now I need to perform some
dynamic changes in the page depending on the user selection, so I loaded
the scriptaculous extension. Now, I'm kind of lost in how to change a
form control contents. The situation is this: there are 3 options that
the user can select and I want to give the user the chance to indicate
his preference order. The form looks like:

First choice: <Combobox 1>
Second choice: <Combobox 2>

So, I would like that <Combobox 1> display the three choices and that
<Combobox 2> only contains the other two available choices. Each time
the user selects a new choice in <Combobox 1>, <Combobox 2> should be
updated to reflect this.

I know that I can get the change event by using

	html select
		onChange: (html updater...

but I couldn't find a way to change <Combobox 2> contents.

Any hints would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
         Andrés