[Seaside] Squeak VNC

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Dec 4 16:19:05 UTC 2007

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Eng <richard.eng at rogers.com> writes:

Richard> I created the SSH connection. I had previously done that in order to
Richard> run VNC against the Ubuntu desktop. It had worked fine.

Richard> So following your suggestion, I made the SSH connection and tried to
Richard> connect to the Squeak image. I got the same "error while waiting for
Richard> server message" error.

Richard> I think we're all missing *something* here...

Did you set up the tunnel?  If you didn't say -L(something), you aren't
reading enough yet.  Google for "ssh tunnel vnc" for info.  You'll need to
translate the ":1" into its actual port number (I forget the math mapping on
that), and then create a local port with your ssh that maps to the proper port
on the remote box, and then connect to that *local* port with your local VNC
server.